• Arthur’s Halloween by Marc Brown
• Arthur’s Thanksgiving by Marc Brown
• A Summer Day by Doug Florian
• Autumn Days by Ann Schweninger
• Autumn Harvest by Alvin Tresselt
• Chicken Soup With Rice by Maurice Sendak
• Fall by Ron Hirschi
• Georgia Music by Helen Griffith
• Ghost Eye Tree by Bill Martin, Jr.
• Harry by the Sea by Gene Zion
• How Do You Know It’s Summer? by Allan Fowler
• How My Garden Grew by Anne Rockwell
• I Went Walking by Sue Williams
• Jonathon and His Mommy by Irene Smalls
• Lucy’s Summer by Donald Hall
• My 5 Senses by Aliki / Spanish Version: Mis Cinco Sentidos
• My Spring Robin by Anne Rockwell
• One Hot Summer Day by Nina Crews
• Red Leaf Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
• Taking a Walk: A Book in Two Languages / Caminando: Un Libry en Dos Lenguas by Rebeccas Emberly
• Thanksgiving at Our House by Wendy Watson
• The Fall of Freddie the Leaf by Leo Buscaglia
• The Relatives Came by Cynthia Rylant
• The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
• Time of Wonder by Robert McCloskey
• What I Did Last Summer by Jack Prelutsky
• When Spring Comes by Robert Maas
Check out Festivals and Events happening in March around the state. Some of these events focus on reading and storytelling!
Congaree National Park
Congaree National Park is located about 20 minutes from Columbia and offers guided tours, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and picnic facilities. There are also children's activities including crafts and games.
Lee State Natural Area
To the east, you’ll find Lee State Natural Area located in Lee County. Nestled in a floodplain forest along the designated state scenic Lynches River, visitors can participate in many outdoor activities exploring the nature trails, artesian springs, millponds, and sandhills. Deer, raccoons, and red foxes are among the permanent residents. Both parks are free of charge and wonderful places for families to explore!
Chateau Meddybumps - Check out the Parent’s Guide to see how you can use this site to develop language, reading, and social skills.
StoryPlace: The Children’s Digital Library - At this children’s website by the Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County, kids can listen to interactive children's stories, play with on-line activities, print out take-home activities, reading list and more.