Sing a Song
Wash Your Hands
Sing the hand washing song!
Wash your hands,
Before you eat,
A good health rule,
That’s hard to beat.
For better work,
For better play,
Eat three good meals,
The Wash Hands Song with Danielle Howle
Show your child the correct way to wash their hands.
- Wet your hands with running water.
- Apply liquid, bar or powder soap.
- Lather well.
- Rub your hands vigorously for at least 20 seconds. One fun way to count the time is washing hands for as long as it takes to sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice.
- Remember to scrub all surfaces, including the backs of your hands, wrists, between your fingers and under your fingernails.
- Rinse well.
- Dry your hands with a clean or disposable towel or air dryer.
Read a book
Healthy Eating by Deborah Chancellor
- Why Is Hand Washing So Important? – Find out why hand washing is the first line of defense against germs.