Talk about when to wash hands. Make a hand washing chart and put stickers on it for each time you and your child wash hands together.
You and your child should wash hands:
- Before preparing or eating food
- After going to the bathroom
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has gone to the bathroom
- Before and after tending to someone who is sick
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After handling an animal or animal waste
- After handling garbage
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
How to Wash Your Hands!
Sing a Song
Have fun with a Hand Clapping Rhyme!
Clap your hands 1, 2, 3
Clap your hands just like me.
Roll your hands 1, 2,3
Roll your hands, just like me!
Read a book
No Dragons for Tea: Fire Safety for Kids by Jean E Pendziwol
- Hand Washing Chart – Print a clean hands club chart for everyone in the family. Color or put a sticker in each box after you wash your hands.